How Much Does A Professional Locksmith Cost In Sydney?
Posted on 9th, Jul 2019
According to Home Advisor Online, Locksmiths charge $153, on average, per callout. Depending on what your need is, however, the cost could be anything from $96 to $210.
Have you locked yourself out of your home?
Don’t worry. It’s not as big a deal as it seems. People lock themselves out of their homes every day. It doesn’t take a good locksmith very long to open your door and let you in. 5 minutes, on average.
What should you do when you’ve locked yourself out of your home?
- Don’t panic – dozens of people lock themselves out of their home – everyday – relax, it won’t take too long for a qualified locksmith to get you back in.
- Call around – assuming you’ve got your mobile phone on you, it pays to call at least 3-4 locksmiths to find one who can give you a good price.
- Ask the locksmith questions – ask what training they have, how up-to-date they are with technology and most important of all – whether they’ve done the job before or not.
Experience is everything these days. So, an experienced locksmith will always give you better value than an in experienced locksmith will.
- Ask about rekeying expertise – it is cheaper to rekey locks than change them. The average cost of rekeying a door is between $40 to $100. That’s at least 30-50% cheaper than changing the lock itself.
When locksmiths rekey your locks, they don’t change them. They rearrange the pins and cylinders to ensure the old key won’t work. You can also do this yourself buying a DIY Kit from a hardware store like `Bunnings Warehouse in Sydney. Do be warned, however, that rekeying is a specialist job and if you damage the lock, you will have to get a locksmith to change it for you at a much higher price.
- High tech locks – high tech digital locks are operated using a keypad code or password. Some can be programmed using your mobile -phone or a laptop computer and password. If you seek a level of security you currently don’t enjoy, then digital locks or biometric locks are what you need to invest in. A well-qualified locksmith whose kept up with the times will know what biometric locks are and will be able to install them at a good price for you.
About NJ’s Locksmiths
NJ’s Locksmith is a fast, 24-hour, 7-day Locksmith Service that operates Sydney-wide. All our staff are screened and checked. To make an enquiry, please call us on 0415 680 062 or email email@example.com